Kamryn has hit the stage in life where strangers (or people she doesn't see often enough) are scary. She'll get shy and put her head down on my shoulder or Ryan's shoulder if an unfamiliar female says hi to her. If it is a male, however, she SCREAMS!!! It has gotten better over the past month, meaning she doesn't scream as much anymore, but it was so funny the first couple of times it happened!
For example, I was with her at Wal mart maybe a month ago and we were in the checkout line. There was an older gentleman behind us and he caught Kamryn's eye. She sat there for the longest time watching him wave at her and baby-talk to her, then suddenly she started SCREAMING like she was in pain! I just laughed and the man laughed and I told him "It's okay. She's really tired and just fussy today" but he replied, "No. I'm just awful. I do the same thing to my grandkids!" I thought that was funny. Kamryn kept crying and crying and crying until we got into the car and drove away! Funny girl!
She has even been afraid of Kelsey's friend, Tyler, multiple times. She wouldn't even take food from him the other night, which is unusual for Kamryn--who never refuses food! :) BUT then a couple of days later, Kelsey and Tyler came to visit and play with Kamryn. This is what happened!
It was so cute! Tyler and Kelsey were SO surprised! Maybe Kamryn is just tempermental! If you give me something I want more, I don't care WHO you are! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment