Friday, the 22nd, was Kylie's Birthday! She turned 18! Hard to believe! She and her friend, Stephen, Kelsey and Zac, Ryan, Kamryn and I went out to Tucanos (a Brazilian grill here in Provo---SOOOOOO yummy!!) :) because Kelsey and Kylie both had Birthday coupons to use. It was way fun! Ryan and I love spending time with my sisters, and this time was even better because Zac and Stephen are so fun and easy to get along with! It was just a good group!
The Birthday Girls and Kamryn eyeing their ice cream!
After Tucanos, we all went back to our place and played a couple of games. We played Taboo and just talked for a while.
Kelsey and Zac, texting!
Kylie reading Taboo cards!
Then Kylie and Stephen had to leave and Ryan had to run to work for a few minutes, and I was left home with Kamryn sleeping and Zac and Kelsey were there flirting on the couch... now ...this could become an awkward situation...but I avoided that one! I had my camera in my hand and I decided to just start taking pictures of them! I think I took probably 70 or 80 pictures! It was so funny! Most of them didn't turn out great but some of them did! (I told Zac I wouldn't post them anywhere, however, so I'll just have to hold onto them just in case they are needed in the future! ;) lol)
Here's a good one though:
They're so cute together!
Saturday, Ryan had the day off of work. We stayed home most of the day and then decided to go up to parents' houses for the afternoon and evening. Ryan got to help his dad out in the yard while Kamryn and I stayed inside and played with Grandma and Aunt Sara. Then we went to my parents' house and put Kamryn to bed, and played a game with my family. Ryan took me out on a date: We went shopping for a few necessities at Walmart and then went to get a Roxberry smoothie! (soooo yummy! Kinda like Jamba Juice--but thanks to Ryan's mom, we have coupons from Valentine's Day that we can still use there! They are so good!!) It was fun to have a date night! SO important in a marriage! (especially when you have children!)
We debated sleeping up there, but I love my bed at home so we drove home around midnight and went to bed.
Sunday, we slept in a bit and went to church at 11. (This was our second week in the family ward. We decided a few weeks ago that because we both graduated, we should transition now (with this open window) to the family ward. It felt right, even though we were sad to leave some really great people in our student ward!) Anyway, after church we spent some more time with family.
Monday was Memorial Day and Ryan didn't have to work again! (yay!) Ryan got up with Kamryn at about 8 and I didn't even hear them I was so tired! He let me sleep in till 9:30 and by then Kamryn was already down for her morning nap! We got ready for the day and decided to go do a little shopping! We went to Kohls and found some good deals for him and I... Then we went over to the mall and found a couple more things we needed. Then my mom called and told us that they were going to go to my grandpa's gravesite. We decided to meet them there. It was really nice too. We all sat down and ate Rocky Road Ice Cream (it was his FAVORITE) and talked about what we remember about my Grandpa. It was fun to hear the different memories from Grandma (his wife), my mom and aunt (his daughters) and then my siblings and I (the grandchildren). I remember the summer he passed away, right after I graduated, and it is weird that so much time has passed already, but I still remember a lot about him.
Grandpa loved Rocky Road Ice Cream, Idaho Spuds, Root Beer, Tricks (the card game), and Honey Bunches of Oats With Almonds. He always sang "Who's that knocking at my door" or "Rock a bye baby" when we were over there. He loved to watch old movies. He video recorded almost EVERY movie that was ever on TV! (His huge collection is still sitting at my parents' house...hardly ever touched!!) :) He always wore flip flops around the house. He always put ice cubes in his milk and in his cereal because it just was never cold enough! :) He never served in a war because during WWII he was a chemist and they needed him here, but it was wonderful to still go and remember him and honor him yesterday!

The Grandchildren (and Great-grandchild) with Grandma

The Moes/Seamons with Grandma

Kamryn--not liking grass! But this is a big step for her...not screaming when put down on the grass! She just couldn't let that left foot of hers touch it though! It was so cute! :)
After visiting Grandpa's grave, we went to my parents house to get ready for the Graduation/Memorial Day BBQ. On the way there, Brandon (my little brother) came with us and was entertaining Kamryn in the back! It was so cute! She was giggling and smiling so big. She's never bad in the car, but she loved the company that Brandon provided!!

Brandon reading a story to her.

Kamryn just loving it!
Anyway, the BBQ was really fun. Both Ryan's and my families were there and then my extended family and other friends of my siblings. It was a FULL HOUSE!! I love big parties like that though! So fun!

LOTS OF PEOPLE!!

The foot game!

The cousins (and other friends) were all out in the yard playing the foot game. It was entertaining to watch (even though I have never played and don't really know what is going on!) Kamryn was passed around to practically everyone!
Ryan and I didn't get home until after midnight last night so we're a little tired today, but it was a wonderful event-filled weekend! I wish every weekend could be like that! :)
1 comment:
WOW! That was quite the day! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love all the pictures.
Post a Comment