Friday, May 22, 2009

Parents of 6!

May 6-13th Ryan and I went from parents of 1 to parents of 6! We've done it before, so it wasn't THAT big of a deal, but it was a little stressful this time just because only 5 days before I had finished student teaching and was just getting used to being home with Kamryn, and then we left again! We stayed at our friends' house and watched their 5 kids while they went away for her birthday! Here's some fun moments from our week with them!

They have a 4 year old who LOVES going to McDonalds. We went twice while I was staying with them. It was fun to take her and Kamryn, even though Kamryn isn't quite old enough to get the "playplace" concept, she still enjoyed it! (And Kamryn LOVES McDonalds french fries...just like her mommy!) :)




(PS. see the big scratch on Kamryn's cheek...that also happened while we were up there. One of the girls (age 15) took her into the other room to play with her and then suddenly we heard Kamryn screaming. It wasn't the girl's fault...Kamryn had just fallen on a toy while reaching for it, but I know she kinda felt bad! It was alright though!)

Another thing we did was make sugar cookies. My friend, Leanne, is a HUGE disney fan (imagine me in 20 years!! haha!) :) and I found some new Mickey Mouse head cookie cutters and some Mickey mouse sprinkles! So I made cookies! :) This is one of the kid's cookies: a little overboard on the sprinkles!! I made fun of her for that!

Here's my cookie! (well one of the ones I decorated!)

I thought they turned out cute!

Another cute thing that happened during the week was this. They have a bell in their front room that looks like this:

Ryan was holding Kamryn near it one day and Ryan rang it. Kamryn was suddenly interested. She started grabbing for the chain and ringing the bell.

She would ring it, and then lay her head on Ryan's shoulder!

It was so cute to watch and even funnier because the sign next to the bell says "Ring if you need a hug!" It's like Kamryn knew what it said! :) haha

Kamryn really enjoyed having other kids around! She was a little scared of their oldest (who is a boy and because of the stranger anxiety toward men recently, that made sense) but she got used to him even. She loved their 4-year-old though! Kamryn would laugh and laugh everytime the 4 year old would. Kamryn LOVED watching her move around so fast, and talk so fast, and laugh all of the time! It was fun to see them interact!

Overall it was a good week. Good experience and good memories! I'm glad to be home again! :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews