This week I have FOUR to report! :) (However, a couple would've been last Friday but I didn't get to blog then...so we're catching up! Doesn't it seem like I'm ALWAYS playing the catch up game! sigh...)
Funny #1: Mine and Ryan's Funny
So, Kamryn wasn't feeling well a couple of days last week. She woke up in the middle of the night and I told Ryan to turn on the humidifier to help her breathe and sleep. Good intentions, right? Well, in the morning the humidifier was STILL GOING (I guess we filled it up a lot) and everything around it was sopping wet!!! Her humidifier is kept on top of our brand new bookshelf, and next to it were some small plastic disney figurines, easily wipeable, and a Belle barbie that she got for Christmas last year and IS STILL IN THE CARDBOARD BOX!! Uh-oh! SO...we had another "Christmas Morning" and opened the barbie. (oh, and did I mention that the water warped the back of the bookshelf a little bit and there was water dripping down the back onto the next shelf which was also wet...along with everything ON the shelf!) :)
Kamryn, very interested in what is going on.
Was into brushing the doll and the horse's hair...that's about it. I had to convince her to touch both of them!
(Below): The Cardboard Remains...it really almost fell apart in my hand it was so wet!
Needless to say, I have now moved the humidifier elsewhere! I'm just glad nothing got completely ruined!
Funny #2: Kamryn, the artist!
New Years Eve we got home REALLY late. We were at parents houses for the day, put Kamryn to bed at my parents around 9, hung out there and celebrated the New Year, and then woke her up to bring her home around 1am. I had her blankets and binkies and sippy cup that she goes to bed with, in my purse. So when we got home I emptied my purse of her things right there at her crib, and then she went down and Ryan and I went to bed.
The next morning, Ryan went in to find this in Kamryn's bed:
Uh-oh! She had gotten a hold of a SHARPIE PEN out of my purse that I left within reach of the crib (oops) and decided to make an art project of her bedding!! She had a little on her hands, but nothing on her face! Thank heaven she didn't EAT it!! I am still baffled as to how I even left my purse in there AND within her reach! I must've been REALLY tired...because that is somehting I would be conscious about! :) (normally!)
Funny #3: Kamryn's Independence
I was working on the computer the other day and turned around to see this:
Kamryn has been very good at not getting into kitchen cupboards and pulling things out...till now! Now she thinks that it is normal to pull out a box of cereal and just sit on the couch and snack the day away! :) Silly girl! I don't think Ryan or I EVER just sit down to snack on a box of cereal...but apparently that's what she wants to do! :) (This was more just cute than funny...) :)
Funny #4:
I almost don't need to explain...but the story makes it better!
Kamryn was walking around with these veggies and just gnawing on them (she often does and we watch her closely!) She was acting like she was done with them, so I told her to throw them away if she was done. She took them to the trash can, opened the trash can, looked in, but decided to keep the veggies, and closed the trash can. She went over to the couch to play and we didn't think anything else of it. Usually when she is done with food or drink, she'll just leave it next to her toys and we clean it up when we clean up toys--easy enough!
About 2 hours later, AFTER KAMRYN WAS IN BED, Ryan and I both looked at the bookshelf at about the same time and just started laughing! We giggled for a long time about what Kamryn could've been thinking! :) Apparently she needed to save her veggies for later!
5 comments:
I love the second picture on the couch with the cereal! I need to get a full-res copy of it!
It almost hurts to see marker on that bedding that we practically slaved over!
Love you!
Friday Funny is such a cute idea!!! Kamryn is so silly, I love the one of her making an art project! :D
I don't know what it is with kids and markers, but they tend to draw on things you wish that they wouldn't. I don't know if you'll be able to get marker out, but maybe it will fade over time.
I love her smile with the cereal box.
I look forward to reading more fun things every Friday.
CUUUUTE! I totally get the whole sharpie thing on bedding...boy do I ever! Love you!!
Oh no! Why do sharpies have to be so permanent?! She's so cute!
Post a Comment