Some fun memories from Christmas in Newport:
*Our View on Christmas Eve
From our balcony in the condo... not to Shabby for December 24th, eh? :)
Kylie took these excellent pictures!
*Christmas Eve Dinner--Finger Foods!!
It's been a tradition in our family since before I can remember, to have finger foods for dinner on Christmas Eve. So, even when we are out of town for Christmas, we still can do it! :)

Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts!! SOOOOO yummy! (If you've never had them, you must try one before you die!) :)

Potato Skins, Mozzerella sticks with sauce, Spicy orange Chicken tenders, Ham rolls,

Beef Stick, Cheese, wheat thins, Cream Cheese with Chile sauce, Rice Krispies and Carmelita bars

Brandon...anxious for the store-bought Drinks! (What an 11-year-old...)

The Chef in the Kitchen (He had help...but he was the constant in the kitchen!) :)
*Gingerbread House building contest
Not as many of the kids wanted to participate this year. Austin was so excited to do them though, he could hardly wait until Christmas Eve! :)

Team 1: Mom, Dad, Krista, Ryan, Brandon
Team 2: Ryan, Katrina, Kylie, Austin, Kamryn

Nice House

Not too bad looking yet, eh Ry?? :0)

Kamryn feasting on a Candy Cane from the Christmas Tree! Yum!
*New Jammies!
My mom got us all pj's for Christmas. (those of us who were there for Christmas Eve...sorry Kels and Zac). The Girls got Tinkerbell and the Boys got The Grinch. (Mom has better pictures of all of us...sorry!)

Kamryn unsure about what this is in front of her...

I want the camera! I don't know what this package is that you put in front of me!

Kamryn and Mommy in New Jammies!
We all watched "It's a Wonderful Life" in our new jammies and then it was time for bed so Santa could come!
3 comments:
Looks like that's not too bad a place for Christmas! Love that last picture of you and your sweet little girl!! Love you!
I always love your blogs. Thank you for sharing your life's ups and downs with us. It helps me realize that I'm not the only one who has off days. You're adorable and I hope you have more good days then bad.
This was fun to read about. Growing up my family always has a big Christmas Eve party, and we have most of the same finger foods there, and cookies. Bacon wrapped water chestnuts are VERY good. My family also did bacon wrapped mushrooms (but I've never liked mushrooms). Are your ham rolls that kind with dill pickle, cream cheese and deli ham? Because if so, my family always makes those too and they were always my favorite!
The gingerbread contest is a cute idea! I'm glad that Austin hasn't lost his sense of fun with it. :) Good for him!
Post a Comment