Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Labor Part 1

I'm in labor and guess what I'm doing--I'm blogging!! Don't you LOVE technology and this day in age! :) I sure do! :)

We got up at 5:30 this morning, got things ready and headed off to the hospital. (Kamryn stayed the night at Grammy's house so we didn't have to worry about her!) :)

We arrived at the hospital and started getting everything going pretty quick.  But first we had to take some last belly shots:






Got to the hospital by about 6:30. Met my nurse, Andra, and she is AWESOME! :)  She set me up with an IV.  I just about passed out because she ended up poking a blood valve first...so she had to do it again.  I got really light headed and had to lay down, but the second poke wasn't nearly as bad.  Ryan was holding my hand and talking to me through it so I would be distracted!  Thank goodness! :)

Soon after the anesthesiologist came in and gave me the epidural.  It really wasn't too bad.  I was a little nervous about it this time because I couldn't remember what it felt like from last time.  (I was having bad enough contractions last time to cover up the epidural process!) :)  But turns out I had nothing to worry about!    It was hard to relax because I was cold and shivering...but everything went well and within a half hour I was numb.  It's WONDERFUL!  I was so relaxed (still am) and just wanted to fall asleep. (however, anxiety has kept me awake again..just like last time! :) lol)

I got light headed from my blood pressure dropping after the epidural.  so...the oxygen mask came out again (like last time as well)!  SO flattering!!


And now Ryan and I are just waiting.  This is the EASIEST thing!  :) I am loving it! :) 



The nurse just checked me (at 10:30ish) and I am dilated to a 6 now.  I'm cruising right along and will probably have a baby by lunch time! :) yipee!!

I keep looking at the empty bassinet...can't believe he's going to be here so soon! :)


Can't help but smile!! :)

Keep you all posted!  Thanks for your love and support and prayers!

4 comments:

Amanda P said...

Yay! Take care of yourself and I can't wait to hear all about your little guy.

Tami said...

Thank you SOOOO much for the text saying he was here! That just made my day! Can't wait to see pictures! Hope you're feeling well and able to get some rest, Trina. Love you guys...all FOUR of you!! Welcome to the world, Little Prince!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Wahoo - love the last baby tummy shots. Yea for not having that anymore.

Megan said...

Yay Katrina!! Wow, your delivery this time sounds a lot like mine went with Braden. Yeah, all for inductions and oxygen!! CONGRATS!!

Total Pageviews