Belly photos
My mom threw me a "mini-shower" for me. Some of my aunts and cousins and my Grandma and sisters and moms went out to eat at Red Lobster. It was very yummy and very fun! I got a little spoiled--I love all the gifts! (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) :)
Then last night I started feeling contractions around 5:30. I walked up and down our hallway a few times to help them stay. Then we decided to go to Maceys (grocery store just down the street) and walk around there. (wear me out AND wear Kamryn out before bedtime!) :) At about 7:30 we decided to go up to my parents to put Kamryn down there for bed, just in case we had to go to the hospital. While we were there, we decided to play cards. (Fools Bridge--Grandma's favorite game!) I stood up and walked around a lot of the time to keep contractions going.
After a few hours, contractions were 2 minutes apart and I was having to breathe heavy. So, around midnight we went down to the hospital. The nurse walked into our room after I changed and I recognized her! She was the same nurse that helped me when I was in labor with Kamryn almost 2 years ago!! How funny is that?!! :)
She hooked me up to a couple of monitors and checked me. I was dilated 3 cm and 70% effaced. They can't actually admit me to the hospital unless I'm at least 4 cm, so they let me sit and contract for an hour and came back to check. No progress. So...she let me sit another hour--I was soooo tired and I was dying! Contractions were really strong... yet an hour later when the nurse checked, I still was in the same place! I was SO frustrated!! Ana (the nurse) said our only option really was for me to get a shot of morphine to help me relax and sleep, but it won't stop contractions if this is real labor. I agreed to get the shot and I went home and crashed! 4:00am till about 9:30am I was out like a light. Then throughout conference sessions today, I couldn't really stay awake! The drugs were still affecting me. I couldn't think straight...I was dizzy...could barely walk! Finally at about 7:00 tonight I was feeling better---and now it is 8:00 and I'm finally starting to feel contractions again! Hopefully I'll be able to go back and be admitted to the hospital tonight! Cross your fingers and say a little prayer! We'll keep you updated---facebook, texting and hopefully blogging. We'll see! :)
8 comments:
Go Katrina! We love you!
C'mon baby Seamons! You've been in there long enough!!
Yay! Take care of yourself and hopefully you'll get to see that little guy face to face really soon!
Oh my gosh!!!!!!! AHHH! You have to tell me as soon as you have him!! I'm so excited for you! I want to text you right now, but you might be pushing right now! or getting much needed sleep!!! Love ya Katrina! Good luck!
OH! and make sure you blog about it or at least text me, cause my fb fast doesn't end til conference is over!
How exciting! Hope all goes well and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.
How exciting! Hopefully I'll see some cute baby pictures soon! Congratulations!
The first thing I say when I call my mom is...do we have a baby yet?!!! Time is getting close!!
How frustrating! I can't believe the contractions are that hard & painful, but are still just false labor! I thought that was supposed to be the difference! I'm so sorry, this is probably so irritating, but you're right... he WILL come. He can't stay in there forever even though it feels that way at times! Is there anything I can do for you!?!?!?! I'll TAKE KAMRYN ANYTIME!!!!! Gladly!
Post a Comment