Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Kids...getting so big! (secret message enclosed)

Kamryn is sure growing up fast!  On Tuesday, we took her to her first dentist appointment!  It went a lot better than we thought it would!

I found a Pediadontist (kids' dentist) near our house, at the beginning of January.  I wasn't too impressed with their receptionist on the phone when I made the appointment, but decided to still go with it.  I'm so glad I did!  *When we got there, they were VERY friendly and happy to help with anything. 
*There were a TON of kids there waiting to go in...which I think eased Kamryn a little bit.  It's always easier to do something when you see someone else doing it! ;)
*AND the office and waiting room were decked out in DISNEY!! :)  Winnie the pooh and Mickey mouse everywhere! :)  (I had to lean over to Ryan and tell him that I promise I didn't pick this dentist because of their decor!  I had NO idea! :) haha)  But because Kamryn loves Mickey and Pooh, I'm sure that was fun for her too.

When it was our turn, we went back and talked with the dentist for a little bit.  Kamryn got a bit nervous...but no crying or running.  He talked to us about her diet, brushing her teeth, and fluoride.  We found that we've been doing everything right up till now...so that was good.  Then Ryan held Kamryn in his lap and laid her head on Dr. Smith's lap and he took a quick look.  She was crying for a bit, but not too hard.  (It's definitely got to be easier to be a kid dentist than a pediatrician!  When the kids are screaming, their mouths are already open!!)  
As he was looking at her teeth, he mentioned something about her parents doing a good job at getting her off the binkie already.  Ryan and I looked at each other and said, "Actually, she still uses a binkie!"  He was shocked!  He said that by looking at her teeth, he wouldn't ever guess that!  :)  That made me feel good...but now I want it to stay that way...so do we try to get her off of the binkie before this baby comes?!!?!  Is that even POSSIBLE?!?! I don't know... I'm not so convinced that she won't try to go right back to it!  But we'll see!

After the "torture" of the dentist, Kamryn got a Winnie the Pooh toothbrush and got to choose a toy! 
Overall, I was very pleased with the whole experience!

When we got home, Kamryn apparently felt like such a big girl, that she wanted to walk up all of our stairs to our Apartment, ALL BY HERSELF!

What a big girl she is getting to be!

And as for our other child... he is growing and growing!  I'm experiencing awful growing pains this week...so I know he's got to be getting bigger!  However, I love being reassured that he really is in there and kicking and growing!  Only 8.5 more weeks!  (And I am always hoping in the back of my mind that he will be early like Kamryn was...hehehe) :) Not too early of course!

(PS Did you find the secret message in this post?!  The large letters...are the baby's name Ryan and I are leaning towards!  I think we may have FINALLY decided...but it could still change!) :)

10 comments:

Nicole said...

AHHHHH I figured out the secret message.. glad you guys picked a name!!!!!
Oh and I'm glad Kamryn's first dental experience wasa good one!

Hopefully your growing pains get better :( so sad!

Nicole said...

hahaha, k I just have to say that I didn't read the last paragraph til after I posted the first comment... sooo pretty much I'm silly. anyway it was a clever idea, I might have to steal it! ;)

Just Only Me said...

Cute! I have a friend who named their son that and it totally fits. Love it!

Adria said...

I feel kind of slow (then again I am really tired). I was wondering why some letters were really big until I read the last part. hehe
Is it Kyler? At first I thought it must be Skyler and that I missed the S. Then I thought it was Kyle. Anyway, so if Kyler is it, I've never heard that name before. Definitely unique.
I'm glad that the dentist visit went well. :)

Katrina said...

Yep, Kyler is the name we're leaning toward. We like it. Only have heard it a few times... something we can agree on! :) BUT there is still the chance that we'll see him and he won't look like "Kyler" and we'll have to try something else!

Linda said...

She is growing up way too fast!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Fun fun! I'm so impressed! Jeff and I are SOOOO bad at picking names! I like it!

Adria said...

Cool. Jason and I are lucky in that we agree on a quite a few names and are understanding when one of us doesn't like a name the other one really does. I know that my sister Robyn and bro in law Lou NEVER agree on names. Edward wasn't named until the day he left the hospital-only because Robyn refused to leave the hospital if he didn't have a name. :) I'm glad that you guys both like it!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Love the name. It's so cute to see Kamryn walking up the stairs all by herself. Ah....

B said...

Dave and I wanted to name our little boy that at first, but Jax fit better so that's what we went with. Good choice, and congrats!

Total Pageviews