Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a Day!

*Note: Yesterday was kinda a rough day... this was started yesterday, but I was unable to finish it because it got so late. So, here it is! WARNING: A little bit of venting is found here!*

I woke up this morning to Kamryn screaming from her crib. Usually she is very happy in the mornings and will often chatter to herself and play in her crib for a while (sometimes up to an hour) before she'll start really "crying" for us to come get her. So when I heard her crying loudly at 8 this morning, I knew we needed to go see what was up! So...I turned to Ryan and woke him up! ;) Ryan, being the wonderful husband and father he is, just rubbed his eyes and jumped out of bed to investigate. It turned out that she really was just ready to be up and had a VERY WET diaper! But Ryan and I sure weren't quite ready to get up...so he turned on Winnie the Pooh for her out in the front room and came back to bed.

We layed in our warm cozy bed for another half hour before Kamryn decided to come in and "bug-us-out-of-bed"! :) (However...she was VERY cute! She came in to color with my pen and journal, then took my phone, then went into our bathroom, then shut the door, then went to her bathroom, then came out and shut that door, then brought back my phone...and the only way I could convince her to GIVE it to me was me offering to feed her! Hence...I HAD to get up!) :) So, we all went out to the kitchen for breakfast.

Ryan sat down at the table with his computer--started some work (and played a little on facebook) :) My checklist began:
*Kamryn cereal
*Ryan some food
*my bowl of cereal.
*start loading the dishwasher

*Kamryn crying for attention (playmate)
*play with Kamryn
*read with Kamryn

*change Kamryn's diaper
*find clothes for her
*No clothes in her room... oh yeah...they're in the dryer (from Monday!)
*get out her laundry

*feeling really sore in my hips.
*Feeling tired
*Ignore the soreness...I'm always sore! It comes with pregnancy!
*found a diaper
*found clothes (leaving the majority still in the dryer however)!
*change Kamryn.
*Kamryn Struggled and cried
*finally dressed
*Distract with a toy
*didn't work
*finish dishwasher
*Kamryn "helping"
*sweep floor (that I've ignored all week)
*feel hot and claustrophobic
*turned on the ceiling fan and sat down on the couch
*Looked at the clock--it's only 10:05.

*I'm exhausted!

I was so frustrated because I was SO tired! I shouldn't be tired. We'd only been up for really an hour!! grrr.....

But I stayed on the couch for only about 10 minutes and then decided that Kamryn and I both needed to go take a nap. so that's what we did. Next thing I knew, it was 12:30 and we were both waking up. It was almost time to take Ryan to work! I felt 10 times better after I slept!

Then this afternoon I had a Dr. appointment at 3. Ryan had a meeting at 2. (His office is across the street from my Dr.) so we drove down together at 1:15ish with a stop at wal mart on the way. Dropped Ryan off at work, the Kamryn and I ran to the bank and to Babies R Us. Kamryn ran around Babies R Us like it was heaven! So much to touch and so much to take off the shelves! (I've never really seen her so aggressive actually! It was funny!) Luckily everyone at the store thought she was just cute and fun so they didn't care that she was a little crazy! :)
We barely made it back to Ryan's office for me to then run over to the Doctors. I was feeling fine and happy...then I decided to tell the nurse about feeling out of energy and just on an emotional roller coaster all of the time. And of course...being the emotional person I am... I cried as I talked. Cried to the nurse. Cried to the doctor. Felt kinda dumb but oh well! :) I've always been a crier! :) The nurse decided to check my iron levels. As soon as she mentioned it I was like "duh"! Of course! That would make sense! AND SURE ENOUGH...my iron count is low!


The doctor also talked to me about not being too much of an overachiever and being too hard on myself. I haven't ever felt like I'm too hard on myself, but I AM often telling myself to stop doing so much and stop pushing myself! And sure enough, as I wrote the above checklist of this post, I can see what the doctor meant! I mean...why did I decide to sweep today?!! I've been putting it off for a week...why not one more day?!! :) And Ryan can get his own breakfast(which he usually does...I was just being nice!) ...I don't always have to entertain Kamryn...and I can ask for help! It's just not in my nature so it's harder for me to not just do it myself! I don't have to go shopping! (although I enjoy it! That was my "fun" thing to do for myself today...but with Kamryn it requires too much energy!)

After my Dr. appointment, I RAN to go get Kamryn from Ryan before he needed to start shifts at work. I showed up and Ryan immediately asked "What's wrong!?!" (He could tell I had been crying...blochy faces do that somehow!) :) haha I told him that nothing was wrong...I was just emotional...like usual! Even though he had lots to do, he hugged me and kissed me and truly was focused on me...to make me okay. I was grateful for his support....and cried again of course! :) But had to pay attention to Kamryn now, called my sister Kelsey to tell her I was done, and she came to get us. (She was graciously taking Kamryn and I home so that I could leave the car with Ryan). I decided I needed to go do something fun after a day like today...so I took Kelsey out to dinner! (My treat since I was pulling her away from homework! She was very willing to go anyway, but me paying helped of course!) :) We enjoyed a dinner at Wingers and then headed up to my apartment.

When we pulled into the parking lot, after a 15 minute drive, I suddenly realized "I don't have a key to my house!!" I had left the keys with Ryan because our car key is on there...and didn't bother to think about needing the house key for myself! Oops! Another pregnancy flaw...total memory loss and forgetfulness!

SO we turned around and headed back to Provo, where Kamryn and I hung out at Kelsey's apartment until Ryan got off work. Finally at 9:00, we were headed home! Ryan felt so bad for how exhausted I was that he pampered me a little last night and we just enjoyed eachother's company. Thank goodness I have a husband who takes good care of me and can be an emotional and physical support when things are just a little bit off!

What a Day! No wonder my energy is off, my emotions are off, and I get frustrated easily!! :) Luckily these days only come around once in a while, right?!

2 comments:

Tami said...

What a day!! So glad those days don't come around too often. And glad that you have the wonderful husband that you do! You must have slept well that night! Whew!!

Misty said...

It is HARD to be pregnant and have a little one...trust me!! It stays hard too...you'll do great for the first few months with 2 and then you'll go crazy trying to keep up with everything and then you'll finally sit down and make some priorities and learn to enjoy parenting again!! WE ALL FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES, so don't feel bad!! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Total Pageviews