Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crafty---here I come!

So, lately I have been trying to find more projects to keep me busy ... other than being a full-time mom! :0)  You know...some "Me" time! :) I've been wanting to be more creative...more crafty... Ryan got me a book called "How to be creative if you never thought you could".  I love it!  It has 16 projects to practice with as well as some advice on just going for it! :) SO...with that motivation, I decided it would be fun to make some crafty-type things especially for around our house.  I scrapbook and blog, but I needed something that was Off the computer! ha.  So...I decided to try some toll painting. :)  I went out, bought a few materials, and just started!  Here's what I came up with:


I'm pretty proud of my first project!  No real instruction...just going for it! :)  (Helpful that the wood piece was already cut out and all I had to do was decorate it!) :)


I think it turned out pretty cute!  (And now Kamryn has somewhere to hang her bath towel!)

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Ah! it turned out so cute!! I love it! We should be crafty together sometime during our get togethers.. wouldn't that be so fun?!

Katrina said...

I'm all for it! Speaking of get togethers...when do you want to do our next one?! :)

kami said...

good job!! and ps your belly is way cute!

Tami said...

It turned out really cute!!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

What a lovely, lovely, craft.

Mich said...

The star looks great! I hope that you enjoy finding your inner crafty person. I do have to say though, from the looks of your blog you have tons of craftiness (maybe you just don't see it as such).
Happy Crafting~!

Adria said...

I'm totally doing the same thing (tryign to find projects to do to occupy my time). So far I've almost finished my jean quilt (I've finished eveything but sewing around the border and am waiting for my mom to come out so that I don't mess it up :), doing a hard 1000 piece disney/landscape puzzle that I just finished yesterday, organizing teh quotes/scriptures from "Stand a Little Taller" by Pres. Hinckley onto my computer. I jsut finished this about 5 min. ago. I always go thumbing through it trying to find quotes for talks/lessons and stuff adn it's a pain. So I decided to put them onto excel by topic. Now I'll be able to find them easily. Ok, I should just write all this on my own blog. :)

Total Pageviews