I spent half of today in Kindergarten just observing and getting my "feet wet" in their classroom before I have to start teaching some small lessons on Tuesday! (I know...it's quick...but I'm only there for a month so...what do you do?!)
Anyway, with just a half day I already feel more .... "at home". What I mean is that I think younger kids are my niche. Well...I liked the KIDS in 2nd grade...but I don't know if I'm the best at teaching them. I think I'm more comfortable and would prefer to be more animated which I can do with younger kids! So...I'm excited!
I think I also may connect with this teacher better BECAUSE it is Kindergarten. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 2nd grade head teacher! She had so many good ideas and was so organized and the kids were SO well behaved...but she did mention to me that she would like to teach 4th, 5th or 6th grade more than 2nd probably. And I just think that's CRAZY!! I think 2nd is as old as I would go! :) And that's okay! We need teachers for every grade! So...if I didn't connect as well with her, that's okay. (At first I was freaking out about it a little bit...but now I'm good with it!) And I'm looking forward and excited for Kindergarten. I think we'll understand eachother better because of our early childhood backgrounds and the love we have for it! We'll see though. It'll be interesting!
Only one month of school left! Yipee!
1 comment:
Only one month of school left...and Disneyland in between. Hang in there, you're so close!
Post a Comment