Friday, March 27, 2009

A House of Sickies!!

So, this week started out rough as you saw on Monday and I think I just knew that the rest was going to be the same. I could just feel it!

Turns out I ended up being up all night coughing and congested on Monday night and was too sick and exhausted to go teach on Tuesday.

Then Wednesday I knew I had my final 2nd grade teacher evaluation and my University Supervisor was coming in to do HER final observation in 2nd grade so I found some energy, took Sudafed and went to school. Well...my teacher finished her observations but my supervisor didn't show up (which is weird for her!) I talked to her after school and she just got her days mixed up and thought we had said Thursday, not Wednesday. Anyway, I was a little annoyed just because I didn't feel good all day. That night was similar to Monday and Kamryn had a tough night (who, I will add, has had a "cold" for the last month or so....the doctor says nothing else is wrong with her -- no ear infection, nothing in her lungs, just a stuffy nose and a cough. I keep hoping it is going away because in the day time she is great! Nothing! Then at night she struggles... sigh...)

Anyway, Thursday, after a horrible night again, I called in sick one more time and told my supervisor not to come that day. I woke up without a voice I was so congested and dry! It was good to rest and live on OJ and Guava juice (Ryan felt bad and spoiled me a little!) :) because this morning I felt a little better. But after going to school for half a day, I decided to come home and rest again. No energy and I'm sure I'm not doing any favors coughing around all the kids and teachers at the school!

So...this weekend we are going to be trying to just take it easy and get rid of these dumb germs causing havoc in our home! Hopefully Ryan doesn't get it. (i'm thinking he's going to be fine since he hasn't gotten ANY of the symptoms yet!) :)

BUT ... I want to say also, thank you thank you thank you to those of you that have been lifesavers for our family this week.
Our babysitters (friends, sisters and moms) and my VT's who made dinner for us a couple times this week! It wasn't absolutely necessary but it was a wonderful luxury this week! We really really appreciate it AND both meals were absolutely fantastic! Really! So thank you to all who have helped us in our time of need this semester and especially this week! We love you!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Germs germs go away! Hope you're feeling better really soon!!

Total Pageviews