Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mommy of.... 6???

So, this week was quite the week and Ryan and I are glad it is over. It wasn't bad, just very crazy and busy and full! Today has been a wonderful day to rest and rejuvenate!

Wednesday through Saturday of this week, Ryan and I watched some of our friends' kids for a few days while they went out of town for their anniversary. So, we got to be parents to 6 kids this week! (Including Kamryn)! It was very exciting...very busy...but I'm proud to say I still want more kids someday so we're good! :)

It wasn't actually that tough because they have a 17 year old, a 14 year old, twins who are 12 and a 3 year old. We watched them last year at this same time, but I was a little more worried this year because I'm still getting up in the night with Kamryn and what was it going to be like with a 3 year old and a 2 month old (and a 12 year old with down syndrome--mostly functional but not cognitively age 12.) We ended up having a great few days!



Karlee(12) and Sydney(4) and Kamryn

Karlee loved Kamryn and would get on the floor and talk to her. This time Kamryn "talked" back a lot--almost like they were having a conversation! It was too cute!











Sydney didn't go near the baby as much as I thought she would. By Friday she was comfortable to share her toys and sorta smile or talk to Kamryn! This was great because Kamryn had something more exciting to watch for tummy time! :)


Kaylee LOVES babies! She just adored Kamryn and wanted to help with everything! :) She saw me holding Kamryn, saw a dirty diaper I hadn't thrown away yet, went into the other room and came back with a clean diaper to put on the baby. She knew that's what the baby needed. (even though I had already changed Kamryn and Kaylee couldn't see the diaper on her already!) Cute! She was so fun to watch with Kamryn.

And now our week is over---back to real life! I really did enjoy being around these great kids and I loved living in a real house for a few days! (Something about a one bedroom apartment just gets kinda blah sometimes!!) But the best part is that We can handle more than one child! :) hmm...someday!

2 comments:

Jason & Shannon said...

How fun! I can't wait to have kids, let alone live somewhere with more than one bedroom, a kitchen bigger than a tiny hallway, and more than one bathroom! Oh how I long for that day! Hehe. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Just Only Me said...

Hope you don't mind, but I borrowed Eric's pictures and stuck them on my blog...funny story accompanies them too. Love you, glad that you survived a long and hectic week!

Total Pageviews