
I just recently put a link to LDS family Gems on my blog (located under my music for any of you interested). There are always good quotes there and things to make you think and help you remember what to do to make family life THAT much better.
Today's really touched me:
‘Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it’ (Eph. 5:25). With that kind of love, brethren, we will be better husbands and fathers, more loving and spiritual leaders. Happiness at home is most likely to be achieved when practices there are founded upon the teachings of Jesus Christ (see Ensign, Nov. 1995, 102). Ours is the responsibility to ensure that we have family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening. Ours is the responsibility to prepare our children to receive the ordinances of salvation and exaltation and the blessings promised to tithe payers. Ours is the privilege to bestow priesthood blessings of healing, comfort, and direction."
I just am so grateful for my husband. He is truly my best friend and is a wonderful caretaker for our family. He:
- Loves me and shows me everyday
- Loves and adores his little girl and is so gentle and fun with her
- Goes to school every day to learn and get an education
- Then comes home and does homework all through the night--often till 1 or 2 in the morning
- Works 3 jobs ... because he enjoys it!
- Is enthusiastic about spending time with family (immediate and extended).
- Loves to humor me when I'm being naive or girly.
- Is ambitious and ready for any adventure/challenge that arises.
- Still loves me in spite of my shortcomings.
- Holds the priesthood worthily and is a wonderful leader in our home.
- Believes in Jesus Christ and lives by His teachings.

1 comment:
As Ryan's mother-in-law, I have to say I whole-heartedly agree with the list Trina made of all the things Ryan does. I see it whenever I am with Katrina and Ryan. It is such a blessing for me to see Katrina's husband taking such good care of her and their daughter. He is so good and they are really good together. Thanks Ryan!
Post a Comment