Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blog Header

I just wanted to do a post about the picture in our header because it is amazing to me what technology can do.

We have a friend who her and her husband just adopted a little baby girl earlier this year. They went to a studio and got portraits taken, and one of them was SO precious. The dad had the naked baby snuggled against his chest, and mom was cuddled in with them but behind baby and then mom was kissing baby and dad was kissing mom. It was so so cool .... so the other night my mom and dad and Ryan and I tried to recreate it.

Well, Kamryn is a little older now than that baby was and is so "intense" that she wouldn't cuddle up to dad very well. (I should post some of the funny shots we got!---Maybe next time I'm on my computer...I'm at work right now) Anyway we decided to do another pose--one where she could cuddle with mom as much as possible--this was the best we could do! It turned out pretty cute!

Then, Ryan found a tutorial online to make photos professionally sepia on photoshop and did it in about 15 minutes!

AND I had really yucky hair that night--lots of wispys--he photoshopped them out! (Thank heaven!) :)

And then last night I had fun while he was at work, decorating it up for a blog header!

And Tada!
(Isn't technology awesome!?! 2 days without professionals and we got this!) :)

I love it. I have always loved sepia pictures--they kinda remind me of "country" stuff--ya know?! Country love, cowboys, etc. Ahh..so romantic! :) It really does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it though---it's so me.

Anyway, now I just need to create the perfect background for us. Any ideas from you creative people out there, let me know! :)

10 comments:

Tami said...

I'm afraid it is US that needs to take lessons from YOU! Your header is precious. Which site was the tutorial on? I'd like to bookmark it for future reference. Someday (and someday is getting closer) I'm going to learn PS.

Hey, love the music. Goes so well with the whole sepia and cowboys theme....nice!

Tiffany said...

It's super cute. I wish I knew how to do that fun stuff to dress up our blog! Kylee is just like Kamryn...won't really cuddle up to Dad or Me and is so intense! Watch out!

Rebecca Adams said...

Hi Katrina! I found your blog on Travis and Kami Larsen's blog. :) I know I haven't seen you at church for a while, but I didn't know you had moved! (I never know what's going on at church since being in the nursery for about a year now!)

Anyway, I love your blog header! (I also didn't know you had a baby!) One place to look for a cool background is http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/

Just an idea! :) Hope everything is going well for you!

Just Only Me said...

That is a beautiful picture!!

kami said...

that picture looks awesome!! would you mind posting the tutorial on making a photo sepia? i would love to do it "professionally" haha. oh and i used to do dance with ashley when we were in elementary school so that's how i know her! but i haven't seen her in a long, long time.

Mich said...

I thought that it was a professional picture, I would never have guessed. You have a very talented family!
The picture could grace any magazine. You all look fantastic!

Mandi said...

maybe a brown and pink tiny diagonal stripe background? to match the texture you added. That would be cute, just like you guys. :)

Jason & Shannon said...

I love how Kamryn is looking at the camera! She is so cute! The picture is just STUNNING!!! Great job!

Debbie Brough said...

Thanks for saying Hi and congrats on your beautiful little one! :)

Erich and Katie said...

Student teaching is going well! I am so glad you found my blog!! The heading picture is cute cute!!!!

Total Pageviews