Monday, September 29, 2008

Morning of Surprises

Ryan leaves for school on Mondays around 8:30. He kissed me goodbye, like always, and I went back to sleep. I woke up this morning around 9:30 when Kamryn needed to be fed. I came out to the front room with her and I could see a bunch of food preparation things on the table and sticky notes on them. I couldn't get close enough to read them with a crying baby in my arms and no contacts or glasses on, so I went across the room and fed Kamryn (quickly)! :) When she was satisfied, I hurried to put in my contacts and went out to the table. Ryan had left me a "breakfast menu". Cereal or waffles. The waffle mix and water and oil were all measured out and there was an empty bowl and wisk sitting there. The waffle iron was also out with instructions on how to make the waffles if I wanted them! There was a plate and fork and glass out. The glass had instructions to get OJ from the fridge! :) It was very cute! So I made waffles and they tasted great! After I finished eating--I went to do my dishes and there was another sticky note that said, "I'll take care of dishes!" What a wonderful guy I married! :)

Meanwhile -- Kamryn was playing in her bouncer while I was eating. I turned around a couple times to talk to her. She was just sitting there, nonchalant, happy... I got on the floor after I was done eating and said, "Can I hold you?!" I went to hold her and found she had a "surprise" for me too---
the biggest messiest diaper we have had thus far!

It went through the diaper, through the nightgown, through her blanket and partly on the bouncer!! I couldn't believe it! Mess all the way up her back to her shoulders---and she hadn't been crying while sitting in it?! ew!

A not so sweet surprise for mama baby! Learn how to surprise mom like Daddy does! :)

4 comments:

Tami said...

What a darling hubby you have...so sweet and thoughtful. Impressive to not only go to all that work but to think of doing the dishes too! (wow)

Lol about Kamryn's diaper! Isn't it funny that they can do that much destruction and still be adorable?! *-)

Jason & Shannon said...

That is so funny! Such a nice husband! I love how you said for Kamryn to surprise you like her dad does. That's just so cute!!!

Travis said...

Wow...nice work Ryan!

Barb said...

I think Kamryn didn't cry even though she was messy because she didn't want to ruin Daddy's surprise! What a good granddaughter I have! I love you!

PS I love the picture on your header...much better than the one we were trying to get. Kamryn looks so cute.

Total Pageviews