Sunday, August 22, 2010

Typical happenings at our house this month

This is typical for right before we are going to go somewhere.  I'll get Kamryn ready with shoes and hair done.  I'll get Kyler ready and then lay him down while I grab the last few things for the diaper bag and my shoes.  Although, a few weeks ago, after I had gotten myself ready, I found this in my room:
 Kamryn on the Ipod--leaning on the Diaper bag.  Kyler dead asleep. 

Funny kids!
Kamryn's FAVORITE pasttime lately is playing with water.  Whether it be in the bathtub, at my bathroom sink, or on the floor sitting on a bathtowel.  She will find her cups, her teaset, ANYTHING that she can pour water into!  And needless to say...she is an expert at making a mess! :)
But look at that face! 

Kyler is getting bigger and bigger and bigger.  His 2 month appointment he was almost 12 pounds. I'm positive he is over 15 now! (Half Kamryn's weight!)  He is becoming quite the chunky--but very happy--baby!
 He still loves the Bumbo!

We got out the exersaucer a couple weeks ago.  At first he wasn't so sure and his feet didn't really quite reach far enough.  But now--just 2 weeks later--he is standing up strong and reaching for the toys and loving it! :) Can't believe he is growing so quickly!

We all got sick the 2nd weekend in August.  So...naturally...we all sat around and watched movies (with popcorn of course) a lot of the weekend.  It's so fun to have family time on our bed! I love it.  I hope it continues in the future. (Maybe not just when we are sick though!) :)

Now, this isn't really typical, but it meant so much to me that I HAVE to blog about it! :)
Kyler is not -- never has been -- a cuddler.  But just this once, I was holding him and he was EXHAUSTED...so he layed is head on my shoulder and cuddled up to me.  It was so precious.  I quickly and quietly had Ryan capture the moment for me to always remember it.  Babies are SUPPOSED to cuddle...but mine is ready to move and get going all of the time.  So I'll take any cuddling I can get.

2 comments:

Adria said...

I love the movie picture the best. It's been so long since I've done that. I'm glad that you're getting some cuddle time with Kyler. He's gotta cuddle SOME time man! So, this sounds horrible, but I'm glad that he was sick so that he'd be cuddly. You know what I mean. :) He'll get better and be fine, and you'll have the cute memory.

Kylie said...

I'm so happy you got the chance to cuddle with Kyler! I know how much you love to cuddle with your babies! You know what this means? I don't think Kyler is going to like cuddling when he's older either... so you won't have to worry about him when he starts liking girls. Not that it's in the near future... I'm just saying! =D Love you all! Miss you too!

Total Pageviews