Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Visiting Grandma and Papa

My Grandparents live in northern Idaho.  I have always Loved going up there to visit for many reasons.  At Grandma's house we get to see:
1.Grandma and Papa (of course!)

2. Yummy food
3. Beautiful country
4. Beautiful quilts and trinkets
5. Pretty flowers

And this trip was especially fun because the kids and I went up with my sister, Kelsey, and her husband, Zac.
 I couldn't have done it without them!  Kamryn is already entering the "2-year-old" phase and Kyler is still pretty little.  Both kids can be very difficult--but it was possible to go on vacation because Kels and Zac were so willing to help.   I'm so glad Kamryn loves them so much and that they like being around her.  I'm very grateful we live so close to them and get to see them often.  While we were up there, Kamryn's language really picked up faster than it has ever thus far--I think a lot of it was because Kelsey and Zac were there to encourage her and to help build her vocabulary.  She now says "Zac, Kels, Tree, Duck, Quack, Pink, Blue, Whereareyou?, water, Papa, and baby" on top of everything else she already had. 

AND to top it all off, my Uncle Gary and Aunt Nicole were also there this same weekend with their boys.  It was a very filled couple of days--but very fun.

In the car: driving once again! My kids are such good travelers! (for the most part!) :)

The first day we went up to the property that my dad and his siblings each own a portion of.  Kamryn really enjoyed it up there--especially because Kelsey and Zac made it fun for her!  (Thanks guys!) :)

Uncle Zac is Kamryn's favorite! :)  During this trip she began saying "Zac. Zac. Zac." over and over like she used to say "Mama Mama Mama"!  
Zac let Kamryn "Drive" with him...ever since then she wants to "drive" when she gets in the car now! Silly girl!

Funny story that day:  So before we went I knew my allergies would bother me up in the woods, so I decided to take an allergy pill.  A generic brand--over the counter--mild pill.  (or so I thought).  Throughout the day I found that Kyler was VERY cranky and that I just was feeling lightheaded all afternoon.  It was awful.  Water didn't help. Food didn't help.  I finally asked Kelsey and Zac to watch my kids for me and I took a nap in my uncle's car.  I felt a ltitle better afterwards...but I was still "off".  The next morning, Kelsey's allergies were bugging her and she went to take one of my pills and realized that it said "May cause drowsiness" on the side.  Oops!  That would explain why yesterday was tough on me and Kyler!  I really thought they were non-drowsy pills...but apparently I was remembering some other bottle and not these! :) Good thing I didn't drive! :)

The next day Kels, Zac and I took the kids to the Boardwalk.  I've done this many many times in my life--but it was fun to see Kamryn just LOVE the water!  "water, water" she kept saying over and over and over again! :)

Kyler slept in the sling the whole time.  Kamryn loved it so much that she would sit by the edge to see the water closer (when we let her out of hte stroller).  One time she didn't realize the water had splashed all over and sat down in a giant puddle!  oops!  Wet Bum!
My cute cute kids!  (Love my "Moby Wrap" to carry Kyler in...it's SO easy!  Thanks Kami for the idea!)



The rest of the trip was spent playing and talking and relaxing at Grandma and Papa's house. 
One of the days--Gram was cooking and found this onion in the back of her cupboard!  Oops!  It was completely "grown" out of its skin!
Kyler spent a lot of time on his tummy (thanks to Aunt Kelsey who helped me remember to put him on his tummy lots!) :)  At his two month appointment the Dr. told me to put him on his tummy in 10-15 minute increments for a total of 1 hour/day.  That is a lot of time--but I'm seeing results already! :)  So I'm trying to keep it up! (we aren't quite to an hour yet...but that's the goal!)
We played outside--it was GORGEOUS weather while we were there.

Papa taught the guys about surveying (He was a mapmaker for many years)
Kamryn enjoyed the toys that I played with when I was her age!
And of course we introduced "the cow" to her. (Little does she know that we actually own a cow pitcher now at our house because of Grandma last Christmas!)  Kamryn loved it! :) 

Funny story: We were sitting at the dinner table on our last night there and Kamryn pointed up to the ceiling and said "Bee".  We all looked up and sure enough--there was a bee in the house!  What a smarty pants! :)
Grandma made Kyler this fun Noah's Ark quilt. It's so cute! I love it! I layed him on the floor one night all wrapped up--he laid there awake for quite sometime and then next thing I knew he was asleep.  too too cute!

Some pictures of the kids with Grandma and Papa.  (their GREAT grandma and Papa)
We had a WONDERFUL time!  Thanks for letting us tag along, Kelsey and Zac!  And thanks for letting us come, Grandma and Papa!  We love you!


1 comment:

Linda said...

You are so spoiled by all of your family!

Total Pageviews