Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gift #8--open Wednesday morning when you wake up



There was an envelope and a box.  Inside the envelope I found this newspaper article--- :) It said:

"LYING LOVER CAUGHT: MONKEY MUST PAY!
Today, the day of his anniversary, the lie must finally come out!  How he's kept it a secret so long we will never know.  It sadly started as a plan for a gift ... an innocent gift for his amazingly hot wife.  In the end, however, it escalated into full blown fradulence.
"I just can't believe he would do such a thing," the monkey, an undercover agent, told The Associated Press.  Because of the monkey's good conscience, as well as a bribe in the form of monkey chow, the world now knows of this prevarication.
The first obvious question is, "how is his wife dealing with this fabrication?"  Our sources say that she is completely unaware, not even on the trail.  While the said lover is now in prison, on the way there he was heard saying, "It wasn't a complete lie! I gave her enough chance to find out!  She asked for clues and I gave her one - something mint, something pink, and something silver!!" while the color statement is being verified we believe we have uncovered some information.  The wife will receive a nice, new ... (continue on A2)"

Then another card said " Go open the box for gift #8 to find out what the lie is about!"

So I opened the box and I found:

"Gift #8- You'll just have to go outside and see for yourself.

Like any good book, the climax isn't on the very last page ... so I didn't save the best gift for last.  This is the gift I've been more excited about than any other.  I love you and hope that this makes your life a little easier.  Happy Anniversary."

Yes! That's right!  Keys to my new (used) Toyota Highlander!! :)

(Disclaimer: Ryan and I have been talking about getting a bigger car for a while now--we had plans to go look at this one in St. George this upcoming weekend...but now I don't have to anymore!  :) yay!)


Sorry they aren't GREAT pictures! Ryan also took a video of me loving it and being so excited about it! :) 
What a wonderful surprise! :)  He not only got the car, but it is already registered and insured too! :)  You really outdid yourself this time, hunny! :)  I love you! 

(Disclaimer #2: I did suspect this a little bit over the weekend while I was gone---however, Ryan is such a GREAT liar that he had me questioning myself in the past couple of days! ... I was DYING to know if I was right or not! :) I don't know how he ever kept a straight face in so many of our conversations! lol)


5 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, I 've seen that monkey picture somewhere before!! Haha. I am really impressed with the New York Times article.

Rebecca Adams said...

Wow! Congrats on the new car! That's awesome! :)

Amanda P said...

Wow - that's awesome! And definitely a gift you'll always remember.

Here Dwells Happiness said...

What a TON of fun. I am so glad you now have a car for yourself and the kiddos. It's so nice to have a bit of Freedom. Yea you!

Mich said...

Wow! What a fun way to celebrate! Congratulations on your anniversary!

Total Pageviews