Saturday, May 1, 2010

2 Weeks Stats

Took Kyler to the doctor yesterday for his 2 week well baby check up.

I was anxious to find out his weight because he already feels bigger to me (good thing but I mean significantly bigger). 
We took Kamryn with us because she was due for another vaccination that we missed at her 18 month appointment.  She is so fun in the waiting room now---loving the fish tank and way into the disney movies they play.  It's fun to watch.  Then we went back and the nurse started poking and prodding Kyler.  I thought Kamryn would be a little weirded out by them doing stuff to Kyler and making him cry...but she was actually really good about it.  AND she even started getting a little jealous!  SHE wanted to get up on the table and SHE wanted to lay down.  But then as soon as I started pretending to measure her head size...she changed her mind!  Sooo funny!

Nurse did Kyler's PKU test.  He hardly screamed/cried.  SOOO different than Kamryn.  He kinda cries when he first gets poked (like it's uncomfortable) but then settles down!  What a good baby!
Kyler Stats:
Weight: 7 lbs. 4.5 oz.  (He weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz at birth, but by the time we left the hospital he was 6 lbs. 3 oz.  SO...I was happy that he has gained a whole pound back in 2 weeks!!) :)  12th percentile
Height: 19 3/4 inches.  (19" at birth) 17th percentile
Head size: 14 inches.  22nd percentile

He's growing so fast.  It's really hard for me to believe that he's already over 2 weeks old.  You're looking forward to them coming for SOOOO long and then time just zips right on by after they get here!  Seems a little unfair to me, don't you think!?! :)

After the Doctor came in and talked with us and checked Kyler, the nurse came in to do Kamryn's shot.  She wasn't so thrilled...but she settled down very quick after the nurse was done!  I was very impressed.  In past appointments she has been screaming for a good 5-10 minutes after the nurse leaves! :) Guess it's a sign that Kamryn is really growing up!

Yesterday Kyler recieved a "2 week" present from my Aunt Tami!  It is the CUTEST blanket on earth!  It is bright blue with bright animals on the front, and then bright yellow and blue paw prints on the back!!  So darling! :) I absolutely LOVE it!!  I'm so lucky to have family that are crafty and creative! :)


All snuggly after bathtime! (which btw he is liking more and more and more!) :)

No comments:

Total Pageviews