Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First "Meeting" with our little one

Yesterday I had my first Dr. appointment and an ultrasound done. Everything is good and normal so far. The baby was wiggly during the Ultrasound but we managed to get one picture! :) AND it is growing quickly, apparently, so my due date is now April 20th! Almost a whole week earlier than I thought it would be! :) yay

Kamryn was pretty good at the Doctor's office. She was more antsy in the waiting room with Ryan, but she was really attentive during the ultrasound and wanted to keep looking at the picture of the baby. I don't think she really knows what it is or that we're going to have a baby quite yet, but she is excited nonetheless! :)

Also, I'm going to the same Dr. who delivered Kamryn, so they have my charts and records from her pregnancy as well. Because of this, my doctor looked at how much I weighed at the beginning of last pregnancy, and the beginning of this pregnancy, and IT IS THE SAME!! He was complimenting me the whole time on it! (which made me feel good!) He said that the average weight gain between each pregnancy is 8lbs. for most women. So, I was excited to hear where I was! :)

But I honestly have to give credit toward some of my mom's genes being inside me. I'm probably the worst at keeping track of what I eat AND consistently exercising! But, sure enough, I'm back down to my pre-baby weight and starting all over again! :)

BUT he also said that the 2nd pregnancy is always harder and worse than the first (yay) and that 95% of women have a difficult time getting their weight back down after their second pregnancy. So, he sorta "challenged" me to be in that top 5% after this pregnancy! We'll see if I can do it...but knowing those stats kinda gives me a little more motivation! :)

6 comments:

Just Only Me said...

Yay! What a cute little bean you got there.

Matt said...

Hrmm...you should maybe change the font color. Hard to see the gray against the brown. :D

Katrina said...

I know... I know... I was constructing the blog as you were commenting! :) (know it all... :) jk)

Tami said...

Darling first pic of your new little one. Congrats!! Hugs to the fam. We're in Hawaii right now...vacationing with you again. What's wrong with this picture. When you're on vacation we're not and vice versa. One of these days we're going to get it right and be at the same place at the same time! In the meantime, a big CONGRATS on your pregnancy and pre-prego weigh. Way to go, girlfriend!! That's inspiring...

Tami said...

PS. I've been thinking about cutting some short bangs...now that I see yours I can see just how cute that style is! Think I'm too old for that look? You pull it off beautifully!!!

Linda said...

Wonderful! I can see that Scott Hancock his done his magic again!

Total Pageviews