Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our mini "2nd honeymoon"...

Ryan and I took a quick getaway this past weekend to.... can you guess?!!? Disneyland! :)
(I know...I know....AGAIN!) But this time it was just the 2 of us! No baby with us. She "decided" to stay home with Grandma Seamons this time! :)

It was a great trip! I think I'm getting sick of the drive every time though, because I had the hardest time driving so far there AND back! Usually it doesn't bother me so much...I think it may have something to do with how often I've done it this year! :(

Anyway, here are some highlights from the trip:

Entering Disneyland

Celebrating at Disneyland! (Since their theme is "Celebrate" this year...that's what we're gonna do!) :)


Our first stop: Space Mountain! We always hit Tomorrowland first. It's Ryan's favorite...and I don't really have a "favorite"! I like everything! :) (Although I think Space mountain is probably the favorite ride in Tomorrowland!) :)


Second stop: Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Ryan loves this game. He loves the element of competition on rides like this! I never do very well...but this trip, I actually beat him once! I hit a 50,000 point place twice! He was a very good sport about it too!) :) (I need to fix this picture...he's standing in front of the astroblaster car if you can't tell!) :)

We splurged a little this trip and ate at Carnation Cafe (which I don't have pictures of...boo on me!) and the Blue Bayou (which I DO have pictures of!) :)

Carnation Cafe was good and relatively affordable. (for meals at D-land). The best best best thing there and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good was the Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup! It was so yummy! (I still can't believe I don't have a picture of it! If I had one to show you, I'm SURE you'd be hooked without even tasting it!!) :) haha

Blue Bayou the next day:

Us in front of the Blue Bayou sign (I'll have to fix this picture too....)

Our Monte Cristo Sandwich that we split. It was yummy but I could only eat 1/4 of it and Ryan ate 1/2...we couldn't finish it. It's soooooo rich and deep fried! But soooo yummy too! :)


Grizzly Rapids: Get a fast pass and use it in the middle of the day when it is 90 degrees or more out ... it's the perfect ride for that temperature! We got wet, wet, wet! :)

MY favorite ride: Tower of Terror (TOT) I love the dropping and freefall feeling in my stomach...it makes me giddy! :)


I'm so proud of Ryan for putting his arms in the air!! :) (usually he's making fun of me for being a "crazy daredevil"! :) lol)

Ryan's favorite Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania (I could do a whole post on just this ride!!) :)



Ryan loves this ride also because of the gaming and competitive nature of it. It is a bunch of carnival games all put together, 3D (so you have to wear the funny glasses), and there are secrets in each level that give you more points. I think we rode it 5 or 6 times over 2 days!

Our first scores: me with 200,200 and Ryan with 251,400. Not bad. (I think that was the highest Ryan had ever gotten before!)


But the greatest thing was that we made it to the top 3 of the day! (the ride had only been open for like 45 minutes, but still!!) :) It REALLY made me happy to be on the top 3 because I'm not very good at it!! :)

The next time we played wasn't as good.


I'm consistent though! Sorry Ry! :)


We switched sides this time...Ryan did better ... me not so much!


And it was later in the day now, so we had no chance of being up on the top 3 list! Man...I still can't figure out how to do that well!

So Ryan decided to look it up on his smart phone while we were in line again! What a nerd! :) (A nerd that I love however!) :)


Our next time was my favorite:


We both did really well and we TIED!!! :) What are the chances of that happening!!?!

One more time and it was time to go home:

I didn't do so well this time, but congrats Ryan on getting your top score ever!! :)

After 2 full FULL days...we were pooped! Ryan couldn't get off the bed when we'd come home at night! :) I had to nag him to get ready for bed! :)



Our wonderful friend and hostess, Lori! She is awesome and we love to go and stay with her everytime we visit!

And now we're home again with our wonderful little baby....toddler....more posts up ahead!

6 comments:

Tami said...

LOL! Love the look on Ryan's face in front of the Astro Blaster! Maybe one of these trips you can take us with you and show us in person how to do the Disneyland thing, huh? Glad you could have a little mini-moon!

Amanda Calli said...

Yay Disneyland! I miss it. I'm so jealous you got the Monte Cristo! I wanted that so much last time we went but we went during the meal they don't serve it :( I was so sad. And is Lori in a new house? It looks different.

Katrina said...

She redid the front of it nicer. Same place though! :)

Jason & Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I could not be more jealous! How funnnnnn!

Ashley Lloyd said...

I love that you guys went down! We have been talking about how badly we want to go back too. It's such a fun place. It really was the perfect 2nd honeymoon for you guys! :) Happy Birthday to Kamryn too! I thought of you guys on her birthday!

Total Pageviews