
This week I was able to attend BYU's Campus Education Week. This is an annual event held at BYU every year, where speakers come from all over to teach 50 minute classes on a variety of topics. These range from scripture classes, to marriage and family classes, to home organization, to education, to parenting, to forgiveness and mercy, to gardening, to repentance, to music and dancing, etc. Just about anything that is wholesome, good and uplifting. Nobody under age 14 is allowed in, and it costs only $50 for the whole week. I think about 22,000 attended this year.
Because I have a 1 year old, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to attend. But I haven't been in a few years and wanted to go this year. Well, with a flexible and willing husband, and wonderful Grandma's who live nearby, we worked out a schedule for the week, where they would watch Kamryn at different times while I went to be uplifted and taught.
And I have done just that!
It has been a WONDERFUL week! What a blessing it has been to attend these classes that are so applicable to my life right now. I can already feel my heart changing in the way I think about others, the way I see my home, the way I treat my husband and little girl, and the way I look toward the future! I've attended 3 classes a day this week.
Topics were:
1. Male and Female Created He Them: Understanding, Honoring and Bridging Gender Differences
2. Simplify and Beautify your lives
3. Saving the Family--communication, marriage, parenting, personal/family boundaries
I learned a lot and hopefully I'll be able to apply some of the teachings into each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment