Friday, December 19, 2008

Growing Up!

As you can see from my header, Kamryn is starting solid foods. She is still practicing with the cereal ... but as of 2 weeks ago, she is not nursing anymore. At first I was a little anxious about stopping nursing and just doing formula full time, but I got to the point that I just didn't have enough milk and was always giving her a bottle to finish off eating every time. AND I'm going back to school in January so we decided that it would be an opportune time to start her on solids. (AND she has NEVER had a hard time with a bottle! Thank goodness!)

Then when we got to California two weeks ago, Kamryn wouldn't nurse anymore. She decided she was done.

I thought it would be tough, but it's actually been really nice to not worry about it anymore. I'm glad I nursed for 4.5 months, but she is healthy and strong and happy...so life is good.

4 comments:

Tami said...

You gave her a really good healthy headstart by nursing her for as long as you did. You're a good mommy! I loved nursing but also enjoyed the feeling of having my body back after pregnancy and nursing. Kamryn looks so happy and healthy. Darling baby!!

Mich said...

Kamryn is quite the little traveler, she always looks so adorable. I'm so glad that you were able to go on so many trips. Good luck going back to school in January.

Amanda P said...

Four and a half months! No way! She sure is growing up. :)

Misty said...

Jack weaned himself at 7 months and although formula is not cheap, it was nice to know that he was getting enough! Congrats on nursing her that long...and then on not having to hide under a blanket! :)

Total Pageviews