Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Baby Girl

Kamryn is doing well. 19 days old! Can't believe it! She is getting bigger and bigger by the day. At her 2 week check up she was 7 lbs 14.5 oz and 20 and 2/3 in long. I bet she's about 8 lbs. already. She is getting those fun baby rolls in her arms and legs now. And she even has baby acne starting to show now. She used to HATE having her diaper changed but now we are getting better at not screaming every time! :) She also used to scream in the bath but now just sits and enjoys it. We're still doing it in the sink because she still fits and she likes the water running on her legs.



As the days go by, I'm finding the parts of her that remind me of me and parts of her that remind me of Ryan. Kamryn definitely has Ryan's flat feet, his ears, his eyes and eyebrows, and I think that she MAY have a dimple on her right cheek which is DEFINITELY from Ryan! (It's very slight right now and we only see it when she smiles big...so we're still not sure but we'll see!) She has my brittle/soft nails and hangnails (darn it!). She also is my little girl when it comes to sleeping positions. She doesn't care for sleeping on her back much (which because of SIDS is how she HAS to sleep at night unfortunately) so we'll try to rock her to sleep and then gently put her on her back for the night. She also has to have her hands up by her face and likes to snuggle up in a ball and up close to someone or something. That is definitely from me!



I love being a mom! It feels like I've been doing this forever (in a good way) (even though it's only been 20 days) but at the same time there are new adventures and challenges every day and I love it! I don't think I have quite grasped the concept that I actually have a child that is my very own--but every once in a while I catch glimpses of the fact that she really is mine. That each day needs to be savored and remembered because she will grow up and never be at this stage of life again. Then I am filled with gratitude for her and thank my Heavenly Father for sending her to us! I am excited to watch her grow up through the years and I'm excited to raise her---but nothing ever will be like these first few months again.

1 comment:

Just Only Me said...

She's such a sweetheart, I'm so glad that I got to hold her and love on her when I was down in Utah. She's so sweet and TINY! I forgot how small they come. Love you!

Total Pageviews