Tuesday, October 19, 2010

6 months old



I can't believe my little man is 6 months old already!  Time has flown since he was born.  Some fun things Kyler does these days:
-Kyler LOVES the camera!  (as you can tell from the pictures above!) He will smile and smile and laugh every time a camera is pointed in his direction.  This is SUCH a relief for me because Kamryn has always been exactly opposite.  It's like pulling teeth to get her to cooperate in front of a camera!
-Kyler can sit up by himself and will play contently for long periods of time.  Sometimes I forget he is even there because he can entertain himself so well. (also something Kamryn is STILL working on! ) :)
-Kyler can almost roll over from tummy to back and back to tummy.  Both of my kids have been "later rollers"
-Kyler will scoot himself in circles and is constantly flapping his arms and legs wanting to "GO"!
-Kyler loves to watch Kamryn play and be silly. 
-Kyler loves to take baths with Kamryn. He thinks she is just the funniest thing! :)  It's too cute!
-Kyler got his first cold this past week.  Poor baby has a runny/stuffy nose, cough, sore throat, slight fever, etc.  He has trouble sleeping even with the humidifier right now...but I guess you have to have a first for everything.
-Kyler eats 5 bottles a day and is starting solid foods.  He loves everything we have tried thus far! It's great.
-Kyler still has his 2 dimples on his cheeks. (my favorite feature ;) )
-Kyler puts everything in his mouth. blankets, hands, toys, hair, etc.  I get sick of everything being wet sometimes but its all good.  He is inquisitive and learning.
-Kyler has quietly weaned himself off his binkie.  He just isn't interested in it.  (Now I just wish Kamryn would become disinterested too!)
-Kyler still grunts a lot like he did when he was brand new.  In fact, his belly laugh is a mixture of laughter and grunting.  Kinda cute.

-Kyler will reach for EVERYTHING in front of him---so watch out when you are holding him! :)
-Kyler is ticklish on his neck and tummy.  Nowhere else.
-Kyler loves to play with his own feet.  There have been times I think he is going to eat them, but not quite yet! :)
-Kyler weighs over 16 lbs
-Kyler doesn't really nap.  He will take little 10-20 minute catnaps about 2-3 times a day.  I miss my good napping hours when I could get stuff done or just have a break! :) 
-Kyler will scoot around on his back in his crib (thus bonking his head on the rails and then screaming)
-Kyler is learning how to share a room with his sister these days.  Quite the adventure.
-Kyler has been sleeping 9-11 hours a night for the past couple of months.  It's been really really nice!  However, we moved last week and with all the changes and then him catching a cold, we've been missing that sleep lately.  I am hopeful it will return soon!  :) 

Love you, Kyler bear! 

7 comments:

Here Dwells Happiness said...

I love the update. He is such a cutie pie! Wow, can't believe how big he is....

Mich said...

6 months went by quickly. He sure is cute!

Kylie said...

Big smiles covering my face!!! I am SO excited to see him in 60-something days! Woot! Love you all!

Kelsey said...

Oh we just love Kyler Wyler! He is so stinkin' cute! Loved the update! He has such a different personality from Kamryn. It'll be so fun to continue to see him grow up!

Just Only Me said...

Are you SERIOUS?! He's 6 months old? Amazing. He looks like such a little stud.

Misty said...

Time is definitely flying and he is getting cuter and cuter!

Barb said...

Cute pics! I'm so glad you get all these details recorded. We need to figure out how to publish a blog! Such as cute baby book/scrapbook it would make!
I love being able to see Kyler and Kamryn everyday! Such an unusual blessing for a grammy!

Total Pageviews