Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life is so busy!!

Okay okay, so I'm really not very good at keeping up on here...that is for sure! But I've been meaning to post this for a long time..just haven't gotten around to it!


It's Feb. 16 and lots has happened in a month or so. Ryan and I are keeping VERY busy with school this semester. We both have 16 credit hours and 3 jobs (each!) Ahhh! I just keep thinking we are crazy! Ryan is a manager at the BYU telefund. He loves it! He enjoys being in a leadership position and feeling like he can help the "business". He works about 18 hours a week there. He is still working part time at ARUP (a medical testing company he worked for last summer), but with school and the telefund he has a hard time finding tons of time to do work for them. Luckily, they don't care if he puts in 1 hour a month or 40 hours a month. It's up to him so that's nice. The other job he is doing is the Biology lab on campus. He was just granted a $1500 grant award to do a project he has proposed in this lab. We are excited for the opportunity this could bring for more experience...but now finding more time will be the key issue! :) However, I have no doubt we will be able to make it all work and fall into place.


I'm commuting to Tooele to go to school this semester and it has been alright. Some days it is tough to get up and have to leave the house an hour and a half before my class starts--but some days I don't mind the drive. I have run into a few snow storms, however, that have made it very difficult to get to and from class. Luckily most of my professors are pretty logical and have let me have some leway. I'm also working with 3 different kids with disabilities this semester. I am doing ABA (Behavior therapy) with a 2 year old with autism, physical therapy with a 4 year old, and respite care for an 11 year old. Each only consists of 3-6 hours a week so it isn't too bad. I'm grateful to have jobs that are in my field and that are very flexible with me and my schedule.


The most exciting thing that has happened in the past month has to do with our new little one who is growing and getting more and more ready to come as each day passes. The first trimester ended at the beginning of February and I was so excited for the little spurts of nausea that I had been experiencing to go away! BUT I have been tricked and the last two weeks have been worse physically for me than the first 13 weeks! Part of that is pregnancy pains, but I have to admit part of it is just because I have had a cold and a cough for about a week and put two and two together...it's not the greatest experience! :)


We had our first Dr. appointment last week and got our first ultrasound done. It was very exciting! It made this whole thing all the more real. Technology today truly is fascinating and we are blessed to live in such a time. We found out that the baby is a lot bigger than we originally thought and my due date was pushed forward 10 days. So the official due date now is Aug. 2! I'm alright with having it sooner! :)


Here are ultrasound pictures! :) We are so excited and grateful!


Hope all is well with everyone!


Love, Ryan and Katrina


5 comments:

Tami said...

You posted, you posted...this is me doing the Happy Dance! And what a post it was. Thanks for all the great update on life at the Seamons house. LOVED the ultrasound pictures. Very cool!! Sounds like you both are busy but happy... I wouldn't have it any other way for you! Love to you both!!

Tami said...

PS. Try to have your baby on August 1st, Angela's birthday, would you? That would be really fun!

Ashley Lloyd said...

That's so exciting! August 2nd...at least you won't have to be pregnant and hot the entire summer! :) So fun! :) You're going to be a mommy before your next birthday!

Just Only Me said...

Hooray for August babies! Seriously, they are the coolest and for something who can possibly be born on my birthday, oh man! I would be honored...I'll pray for that. That is weird though, I have Carter near your wedding and you have your own baby near my birthday? Wow, twilight zone. Just kidding, makes it easy to remember dates!
Seriously, I'm so tickled for you both. Ultrasound pictures are so sweet. Love you!

kami said...

hi! it's kami & travis from the ward...we have a blog too! it's tklarsen.blogspot.com. check it out...and we are so excited to find out what your little one will be - let us know soon!

Total Pageviews